The current LINX Logistics office in Griffith, NSW has a rich history of former occupants and maintains a close connection to the wider Griffith region.
The site has been home to several occupants over the years:
- Established in 1973, San Bernadino Winery were the original owners.
- De Bortoli Wines took over following San Bernadino entering receivership.
- In 2002, Patrick purchased Alpen’s Transport which was a 50+ year old family business owned by Ken and Eric Alpen. Brothers, Bill and Wayne, managed the business at the time and remained after the sale.
- As part of the Patrick acquisition, Eric Alpen was required to purchase a site more suitable to Patrick’s requirements and it was then that this site was purchased from De Bortoli Wines and leased back to Patrick.
- In 2016, the building became home to LINX Logistics and the Alpen brothers continue their journey as current employees.
The site currently hosts 55 LINX Prime Movers, comprising of B-Doubles and B-Triples and is equipped with a warehouse and a LINX maintenance facility. Apart from a paint job from pink to blue and white when Patrick took over, the original building remains relatively unchanged, with the original led light window still being the primary feature of the main meeting room and original storage tanks for San Bernadino wines remaining under the building (images below).
We are proud to be a part of the history and the growth of the Griffith region and that LINX Logistics continues to ensure that the site retains its rich heritage as it evolves.