International Women’s Day (IWD) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. Importantly for our Group, it’s a timely opportunity to recognise our evolution towards greater gender equality and celebrate the talented women we have across our businesses.
Due to the industries in which our Group operates, our workforce is typically male dominated. Because of this, we have a vital role to play in contributing to a world of improved gender equality. We also know that there is tremendous value in building a culture that supports all kinds of diversity – in gender but also race, age, experience and thought.
LINX Cargo Care Group’s taking action
Over the last few years, we have made some progress on our gender equality journey, most notably:
- Our representation of women at most levels including senior leadership and many other parts of our organisation.
- Implemented, or have plans to implement, targeted initiatives specifically geared towards attracting females into our Group.
- Analysed our own gender diversity data, and identified hotspots of gender pay disparity and developed plans to resolve those gaps.
- Partnered with external organisations like Deakin University through its Wayfinder program and the AFLW, to encourage and promote the role of women and gender diversity in our industry and in business generally.
- Implemented policies and training that make it clear we support diversity and inclusion, and draw a hard line against any form of discrimination or harassment.
We have a way to go, but the foundation is set and our direction is clear. Over the next 12-18 months, we will develop a specific diversity plan and initiatives that will continue to promote the value of gender diversity, attract women to our organisation and actively support our female employees.
Our women leading the way
IWD 2021 has three aims – Celebrate women’s achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality. #ChooseToChallenge
We reached out to some of our women to learn their story and hear their views on #ChooseToChallenge